Sunday, January 9, 2011

Embedding Video

Okay, so I have added a few gadgets to this site. I played around with the video bar, but apparently I can only subscribe to entire channels on YouTube that way. I did discover that on Blogger you can now upload your own videos directly into your blog, but this one is from YouTube, "A Vision of Students Today" by Dr. Michael Wesch. His website is: http://mediatedcultures.net/ksudigg/. It's a few years old, but I really liked it when it came out and I still like it. It points out how our students today often come from a very different world and have a different way of experiencing things.

I have to say, though, the sign that says "I will read eight books this year," broke my heart. Heather, I read your blog today and the video you posted has a student saying "Nobody reads books," and from the other side of the room, my eight year-old chimed in, "I do!" Whew. ;-> She probably read eight books this week. Limiting screen time has its perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment